Contact Us

40 Mount Merrion Park


Belfast BT6 0GB

Tel: (028)-90-586963

Fax: (028)-90-200293

Statutory Applications Guide

Techniplan are able to look after as much or as little of your design project as you require.  We would generally however provide a complete design service where all statutory applications are lodged on your behalf unless you prefer otherwise.


Building Control.

The involvement of Building Control in any scheme has increased in recent years with the implementation of new legislation.  Quite often we see clients undertaking works without building control as they do not realise an application was required.  Minor works (re-plastering, change of heating etc) can often be undertaken by way of lodging a "Building Notice" application.  If you are unsure if your proposed works require Building Control please contact us to discuss.

The full Building Control Northern Ireland website can also be found at the link below.

Building Control Northern Ireland


Divisional Planning Office N.Ireland

The process of Planning Permission can be daunting however we offer a fee consultation service to help you understand if planning is required for your works and can arrange for a member of our team to call with you and discuss your project on site.

The Planning office have also created a useful online tool (Planning Office Online Householder Advice - Visual Guide)

The full Planning Office website can be viewed at the below link


Divisional Planning Office N.I


N.I.Water Limited

If you intend to extend your property it is always important to check the location of drainage services.  If the works you intend to undertake fall within 3m of a mains sewer line it will also require an application to N.I.Water Ltd for a "Build Over Sewer Application".  Techniplan can obtain the required records to determine if this application will be necessary as part of your works.

Northern Ireland Water L.T.D


Roads Service Northern Ireland

Any development works involving the Planning Office will also ensure that Roads Service are consulted as part of the Planning Process although in some instances works will require separate direct communication with the Roads Service.  Techniplan will liaise directly with the Roads Service on your behalf.

Roads Service N.I


Northern Ireland housing Executive (NIHE)

The Northern Ireland Housing Executive will not normally need to be consulted if you are undertaking works to your property unless the works are part of a Grant Application or property is owned by the NIHE.  For further information on the NIHE Grants process please view our dedicated page on NIHE Grant applications at NIHE

Northern Ireland Housing Executive