Contact Us

40 Mount Merrion Park


Belfast BT6 0GB

Tel: (028)-90-586963

Fax: (028)-90-200293

EPC - Energy Performance Certificates from £50.00 is the EPC subsidiary of Techniplan.

Techniplan is an Architectural Consultancy firm based in Belfast and established over 14 years ago.  To complement our design service we also provide Energy Performance Certificates for Rental, Sale and to help look at further energy improvement measures within a design scheme.

We are fully accredited to provide Energy Performance Certificates (E.P.C) for all residential properties starting at just £50.00.

All of our EPC's are prepared by a qualified accredited team member of Techniplan and can if required be supplied directly to all parties involved in transactions including Estate Agents, Solicitors and potential purchasers.

Techniplan have been trading throughout Northern Ireland for over 14 Years so whatever your requirements and wherever you are do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be glad to assist you.


What is an EPC ?

Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs) are a report prepared by an accredited accessor and provides information on the existing energy efficiency of a dwelling and its carbon dioxide emissions.  The report will also provide possible discretionary improvement measures to increase the property rating.  All properties being sold or available to let require an EPC.

When do I need to Get and EPC and how long is it Valid for?

You need to obtain an EPC if you are selling or renting your home.  It is your responsibility to obtain the report not your agent.  An EPC is valid for ten years.

Are any Building Exempt from requiring and EPC?

There are some building exempt from obtain an EPC:

They are as follows:

  • places of worship
  • temporary buildings that will be used for less than two years
  • standalone buildings with total useful floor area of less than 50 square metres that aren’t used to provide living accommodation for a single household
  • industrial sites, workshops and non-residential agricultural buildings that don't use a lot of energy

Can I get an EPC if I am not selling or renting my property?

Yes.  As part of our Architectural Practice we often look at the energy efficiency of a dwelling prior to finalising any design works.

This allow for possible improvements to be implemented within the design works with a new EPC being issued post works to provide you with a valid report for your new renovated home.

If you would like and EPC with our without undertaking Architectural Designs please contact us to discuss your requirements.